Our Piano and Organ

  Our Piano and Organ  

Epiphany is blessed with two permanent musical instruments to help us celebrate Eucharist
and other services.  These instruments and the lively acoustics of the sanctuary enable us to host various music recitals and concerts by local musicians in addition to supporting our own programs.
  • Praeludium III Galanti digital organ:  The organ, from Mondaino, Italy was dedicated in 1989.  It has three manuals, full pedal board, three memory banks and 45 stops, creating 55 ranks.  Its three chambers are divided between the chancel and the gallery at the rear of the church. 
  • Historic 1927 Stretch A3 Steinway grand piano: Under the lid of the grand piano you will find a dedication from Charles Steinway, and a summary of its travels, (including a tour with Enrico Caruso) engraved into its iron frame.  
    • The grand piano was purchased through the will of Dr. Kent Nowels, physician at Stanford, a gifted pianist, and long time friend to many at Epiphany.

Epiphany is also blessed to have the Smith Organ Fund, which was created through a generous
bequest by Baron and Ruth Smith. Baron was our long-time organist and choir master, and Ruth
was dedicated to the community and outreach.  This Organ Fund helps to maintain and replace
our musical instruments
.