This program brings shelter, meals and support services to families without homes. Churches of different faiths participate in this program. The families in the program are housed at Epiphany for a one to two week stay.
Many Epiphany families have participated with Home and Hope and have found it to be an interesting and rewarding experience. It is a great way for individuals and families to get involved in one of our Outreach initiatives. It will make a difference in the lives of homeless families in our community and in yours too!
To successfully host, we need to consistently fill a variety of roles, including:
- Coordinator: Coordinates schedule, puts out announcements, coordinates with our support church partners, solicits volunteers and addresses any issues or questions that come up around Epiphany’s participation in Home & Hope. Consider helping Karen and Mallory this year.
- Tent Set-up and Take-Down Coordinator: Coordinates volunteers to make sure that the tents are set up for our guests and made welcoming!
- Dinner Host: Provides dinner for the guests and eats with them. Often pairs with another family to provide dinner. Dinner doesn’t have to be elaborate - grab a friend and do it together. Baked chicken, chili and cornbread, burritos and more have been well received by our guests who are overwhelmingly gracious and appreciative.
- Evening Host: Spends the evening with the families, playing games, helping with homework and hanging out. Dinner hosts are welcome to fill this roll as well.
- Shopper: We have shoppers pick up breakfast and lunch supplies at the beginning of the host week and replenish supplies half way through the week.
Learn more: Home and Hope